Monday, June 1, 2009

Hello World!

If a post drops on a blog and there's no one around to read it, did it really make a sound?

Well, actually, I'm not sure that blogs make sounds, but this is my blog nonetheless. I'm not really sure why I have but it, but apparently everybody has one these days, in order to legitimize their existence, or something. I'm a Christian, a Software Engineer by trade, a Master's student in Computer Science, and have a host of hobbies and interests including programming, gaming, listening-to, playing, and writing music (mostly Baroque and Classical, but I'm experimenting), sci-fi and fantasy, computer graphics, electronics, and probably more that I'm not thinking of at the moment.

For readers who aren't computer programmers, "Hello World" is famously the name of the first program that everybody learns to write when they learn to program. It's kinda like tapping a microphone and saying "Testing... 1, 2, 3". It seems appropriate for a first blog post.

The word "refactoring" in my blog title is probably harder to describe to non-programmers, but I'm (mis-)using it in the sense of an internal transformation to improve understandability.

No comments: